Friday, May 04, 2007

THAT'S MY BAG

Fact: A woman can never have too many shoes or too many handbags! Big or small, steal or splurge - here are the top totes, coveted clutches, hot hobos that a fashionista must have! WIN a handbag - comment and tell me what your favorite handbag is and you will be entered to win one of these must haves!

This Croc Skin Clutch has such a unique look and is so affordable. Deep brown luxe faux croc clutch with gold hardware and satin lining, one inside pocket. 4.5" h x 9" l available at Francesca's Collection at The Summit $42. www.francescascollection.com


This bag exemplifies a chic vintage look. Lauren Merkin Charlotte lizard embossed clutch in platinum includes hidden magnetic snap closure, inside patch pocket, and pink striped shimmer lining. 11.5" wide x 6" tall. Available at www.winknyc.com $220.


The Kooba Meredith Bag is a fantastic shade of blue, great design, and of the best quality. Accented with brass studs, a logo plate, and a gleaming chain link shoulder strap 8½"H x 12"L x 3"D this bag is available at Saks Fifth Avenue at The Summit $485. www.saks.com


Beijo, Beijo for you and you and you! This line of handbags sweeping the nation is oh-so chic with its unique patent leather design. Take a look at my girlfriend - this Girlfriend handbag is very very cute and in a great red patent leather which is a must have for the season. Prices start at $79 and are available through regional representatives visit www.beijobags.com!


Soft yet structured this Botkier Carlton Hobo is made of Italian Lambskin. Details include a belted strap with signature custom turn lock closure in antique brass and antique brass nail heads and studs. The main compartment includes one compartment with suede lining, multifunctional pocket, zip pocket and an interior logo plate on leather platform. 12 x 4 1/2 x 9 available at Gus Mayer at Colonial Brookwood Village $685. www.gusmayer.com


BCBG metal mesh clutch is definitely a piece you will want to add to your collection. Pewter in color with a magnetic snap closure Inside pocket, lined 11-1/2"W x 6-3/4"H x 1-1/4"D available at Saks Fifth Avenue at The Summit $178. www.saks.com


This sophisticated tote is big enough to carry almost anything without the big price tag. The Naomi Handbag has detailed hardware and grommets, front outside coin purse, top magnetic closure, fully lined with two inside compartments, and with three inside pockets 11" h,11.5"l, 4"w available at Francesca's Collection at The Summit $48. www.francescascollection.com


A great up and coming designer that you must know is Carla Mancini. This bag with contrast flap over dome rivets is available at Gus Mayer at Colonial Brookwood Village $248. www.gusmayer.com


The Dior Cannage Bag has been a big hit this Spring and since it is absolutely gorgeous it is easy to see why! So if you are looking for a status bag splurge make this one your top choice. The quilted leather is so soft and the signature "D" makes this bag even more noticeable. Available at Saks Fifth Avenue $1795. www.saks.com


New COACH LEGACY SIGNATURE COTTON SLIM FLAP This slim silhouette makes a great shoulder bag, and the Signature Cotton fabric gives it such a casual, summery look. Equipped with cellphone/multi-function pockets, ring to clip an accessory or keyfob, front pocket under flap, turnlock closure, signature Cotton fabric with leather trim 13 (L) x 10 1/4 (H) x 2 (W) available at Coach at Riverchase Galleria and The Summit $378. www.coach.com


Now that you have read all about these must haves - bag it, grab it, carry it, and flaunt it!

35 comments:

Mandy said...

I LOVE the Merkin bag and the Cannage bag!

Katie T said...

My favorites are:
1. Kooba Bag (it is too cute!)
2. Merkin Bag (great vintage design)
3. Botkier (it is so different and eye catching)
4. Cannage (whore for status bags)
5. Croc Clutch (so affordable)

Lisa said...

I want the Botkier Carlton - I already have one of their handbags and now have reason for a another.

KLM said...

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE VERSATILTIY OF THAT COACH LEGACY BAG THIS SPRING!!! THE CRISP WHITE SCREAMS "COOL AND FLIRTY," WHILE THE EYE-CATCHING GREEN IS SURE TO INSPIRE ENVY AMONG ONLOOKERS! HAND IT OVER,PLEASE-- I ALREADY HAVE SHOES TO MATCH!

NOT MANY MODERN BAGS RIVAL MY FAITHFUL FAVORITE-- A VINTAGE "PILLBOX" PURSE, IN CREAM LEATHER, WITH A LUCITE HANDLE--HOWEVER, ITS NEMESIS HAS NOW ARRIVED! IT EVEN HAS A HOME FOR MY BLACKBERRY PEARL!

FOR COSMOPOLITAN YET CLASSIC, COACH HAS IT ALL "IN THE BAG"!

rebecca said...

I absolutely LOVE the Kooba bag and the Dior Bag they are both HOTT!!

Thompson Beard said...

I want the Croc Clutch and the Kooba!

Melissa Gimenez said...

I love the greem and white Coach bag! It's so cute for spring and summer!

Emily said...

The croc skin clutch is adorable! I want one!

kristi kay said...

DEFINTELY the BCBG metal mesh clutch!!--a staple for any wardrobe!

Unknown said...

I love the chic-sleekness of the croc clutch. I also love the versatility of the Lauren Merkin Charlotte--dresses, skirts on jeans…the clutch can really dress up any type of outfit!!

Beth said...

Not a fan of Dior bags - they are kind of boring although the Cannage does look better than others I've seen. Huge fan of Botkier (great design and so hip), Kooba (again innovative design), and I also like the Lauren Merkin bag I had not heard of her before but adore the elegant vingtage look of the bag you have pictured here.

Mandy said...

Love the vintage Merkin clutch - it looks so very "Audrey Hepburn" and the texture is appropriate for day or evening.

Lara H said...

I read big bags were bad news, so I am trying to go medium from now on so I can still carry most things without the back problems. For this reason I like the Botkier Carlton, the Beijo bag is very cute, and I LOVE the Coach Legacy it looks like the perfect size and so refreshing for the summer!

Lara H said...

I am now 'coveting' clutches - I bought the gold one you recommended from Aldo and I love the Merkin you posted and the Croc clutch. I checked Francesca's and did not see it at the store but it is available online.

sweet mary said...

The Coach Legacy is on the top of my list and I also think the Merkin bag is too cute, the Botkier is HOT HOT HOT, and the Croc Clutch is so unique and affordable.

Elizabeth said...

This is the best site! I am soooo thrilled to have found this! Of course I would love to win any purse but if I have to pick my faves, they would be:
1. Coach Legacy
2. Botkier Bag
3. Kooba Bag

LC said...

This one is easy for the Carlton Botkier bag! I am a big fan of Botkier. They do have a good selection at Gus Mayer and most of the time will order for you too:)

The Lil' Kim said...

I just found out about Kooba from a friend in nyc and am happy to see such a hip brand being represented in the ham- those bags are terrific and the next big thing! By the way, I would love to win a handbag - any size, any shape!

andrea said...

Beijo, beijo, please! One of my friends has one of these and the patent leather is so cute and the design to me is very 1950's chic.

marybeth said...

The Coach Legacy is my favorite, but I do LOVE the Cannage Dior bag too.

jennifer said...

I like the Naomi bag from Francesca's and could not believe the price. I like the Coach bag but not as much as the Naomi. If I was going to splurge with abandonment the Botkier would be my top over any of the other status bags.

Jenifer said...

My favorite of these bags is hands-down the Cannage. Once you've bought a large bag you can never downsize and this one is too stylish to pass up. My second favorite has to be the Kooba, I love the color and it has great style. My third fave is the Botkier. It is so unusual and eye catching.

rachel said...

I also LOVE the Cannage bag - it is too cool!
For affordability and originality the Croc Clutch is too cute to pass up!

Mel said...

I like the Beijo bag because of the red patent leather. The Botkier and the Kooba are fabulous! The Lauren Merkin clutch would be great for a party and the Croc Clutch is just so fun.

TANYA said...

Amy, you do a great job! I LOVE your blog - keep up the great fashion tidbits!

coachwife6 said...

I love the beijo and the Dior

Lindsay said...

What fun writing!!! I love this. As far as my top tote - I like the Beijo bag and of course the Dior bag.

sara said...

Coach Legacy, Beijo, and the cute Merkin bag are my faves!

terri said...

I am in love with the Botkier bag -such great design! This blog is very fun!

Lisa said...

I LOVE the Botkier - what a great bag

alex said...

Hi Amy! I love your blog and am so excited to have found it! I am a Kooba fan so I am going with the Kooba Meredith as my top tote.

cindy said...

I love the Botkier bag and BCBG clutch.

jennifer said...

The sensible side likes the Naomi and the splurge side wants the Cannage bag!

Amy Lemley Bailey said...

Alright girlies - I am going to chose the handbag winner tomorrow 5pm, so if you have any comments ot post please do so and if you have any other fantastic blurbs that you dying to share please feel free. I am so very impressed by your responses!

Jessica H. said...

The Lauren Merkin bag is great!