Monday, August 20, 2007

TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS

So in the midst of all the back to school hoopla, so many young professionals may be going through supply withdrawal. It wasn't that long ago when we got to experience new shiny pencils and organizational binders. Well, you can still enjoy a little back to 'business' supply shopping and guess what - as you get older the supplies get more chic! As always, a fun prize for one lucky My Scoop comment poster! Win a fabulous journal for your note taking and Kate Spade Calling Cards!

I like to keep all of my notes in journals, so whenever I see a chic, yet professional looking one - I buy it. I found this gold journal at Marshall's for $4.95 - a great place to look for journals whatever your occasion.







This lightweight Macbook is boasted as the most portable laptop. Perfect for business travel. $1,100 and up at The Apple Store at The Summit.



Add the Sex in the City touch to your laptop with this Metstyle Tokio laptop sleeve $39 www.kolobags.com.















Want to look sharp and stylish in your next board meeting? Stroll in with this Kate Spade calendar and planner $75.


Need a nice pen? Cross's Autocross collection is sleek and professional $50. Cross is available at Ruby Begonia in Homewood.


Before the days of constantly being connected and what we know as 'calling cards', there were true calling cards that you handed people with your number and a note as a reminder to call you soon. A fun vintage idea that would be a memorable business tactic or perhaps a nice way to slip that certain someone your phone number. Kate Spade Calling Cards $15 at Swoozie's at The Summit.



Lambertson Truex has made their stylish mark in fine leather goods. Looking for a nice new job gift for yourself or a spouse? Lambertson Truex Important Paper Binder $295 at Saks Fifth Avenue at The Summit.






For those of us party planners, dinner parties, showers, and soirees need serious organization. Let Smythson on Bond help with their Brunches, Lunches, Suppers, and Dinners book. You can plan your guest list, seating chart. menu, and drink list. Smythson on Bond $75.



Heading to the gym after work? Grab your Lacoste Fitness bag $120 at Saks Fifth Avenue at The Summit.










Nothing states that you are a traveling fashionista more than a designer passport holder. Made by C.R. Gibson you can organize your international needs. $14 at Smith's Variety in Homewood or Mountain Brook Village.




I cannot think of a more important business need than being connected whenever you need to be. With the Verizon Wireless Broadband Card the last thing you have to worry about is not finding an internet connection.

21 comments:

jennifer said...

Oh my gosh - I love the laptop case!

Mandy said...

The broadband card is a lifesaver!

Carla Jean said...

So many fun "business" supplies -- but my very favorite is that journal! I can't believe you found it at Marshall's of all places.

I absolutely miss school supply shopping. My cousin was at my apartment the other day telling me about her own supply trip, and I was definitely jealous. Then I watched You've Got Mail... "I love New York in the fall. It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." :sigh: That line gets me every time!

Amanda said...

I absolutely love the Kate Spade calling cards. What a great way to stand out!!! It would be a little less formal, not so boring, step away from the typical business cards we all keep handy!

kellygrl said...

hi.

i miss back to school shopping, too!

Susan said...

I miss back to school too andgot very nostalgic after a recent trip to Target - there is just something so sastisfying about getting prepared and organized!

Lindsay said...

Love the journal and the calling cards are such a cute idea!

Wyeth said...

School supply shopping always brings back fun memories of perfectly packing my schoolbag before school started. It's good to see suggestions of "supplies" for all of us that still like to buy even though we aren't school supply shopping for ourselves any more!

Andrea said...

I know exactly what you mean and yes thank goodness as yougetolder the "supplies" get better!

Marie said...

Ha:)! It is so true I am very nostaligic about school supply shopping - LOVE these cute must have supplies.

Elizabeth said...

Swoozie's at the summit had some really cute passport and business card holders on sale two weeks ago. Check them out. Also, they had great solid-colored clutches for really cheap.

Ms.Cary said...

As a preschool teacher, I love getting organized for school! I have to write down all the cute things the children say, or I will forget. Love the website!

Rhonda said...

The broadband card is a lifesaver for sure!

Britney said...

That journal is great and what a fun idea to always be able to keep your work notes!

ifeelpretty said...

That laptop case is so chic - I want that and the Lambertson truex important paper case which seems so unnecessary but so cool too!

Samantha said...

I love the Kate Spade calling cards and calendar!

Terri said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the passport holders!

Anna Banana said...

Love the journal and the Kate Spade calendar!

Lucy said...

The broadband card is wonderful!!!

jennifer said...

Calling cards what a fun idea and very retro!

Sara said...

The Kate Spade calendar is great!