Friday, August 24, 2007

TOGA - IN FASHIONISTA STYLE!

My Scoop's Best Dressed Toga Contest is here! Tonight at Art on The Rocks at The Birmingham Musuem of Art guests are encouraged to dress up in a toga and do it 'in style'! My homemade toga simply consists of wrapping material around my body, tying it in a knot, and belting it. I used those belts that were in style a couple of years ago that look very 'Gladiator inspired'. As I looked through my jewelry I was amazed at how many pieces were Italian inspired - you will be surprised too! From bangles worn all the way up your arms to gold sandals that wrap at the ankles, these are just some tips to help you put together your fashion forward toga attire. So think outside the box and get chic in a toga!
The Best Dressed Toga will win over $600 worth of fashion swag including a $100 gift certificate to Swank 35223, a premium denim certificate to Gus Mayer at Colonial Brookwood Village, goodies from The Summit, and a mini dress by Juleps and Belles!
The winner will be determined by your votes! Photos will be posted 8/27 and the person who receives the most votes will win the Swanky Swag Package!

8 comments:

jennifer said...

Great toga!! Also you looked great on Fox6 several people at the office saw it too!

Mandy said...

Cute - thanks for the inspiration I will try to pull it off as well as the fashionista!

Andrea said...

Of course the fashionista would find fun green fabric and a great 'Romanesque' belt to wear.

Marie said...

Got my fashionable toga and ready for tonight!

ifeelpretty said...

I love your toga!!

Terri said...

Hot stuff! Looking fab as usual! Love the pics from AOTR.

Lucy said...

I LOVE this toga!

april said...

Eliabeth, I absolutely love the blue toga! SO original---you look beautiful and sassssy!!