Friday, September 28, 2007

THANK YOU!

A BIG thank you to all who came out for the Want It! Party at Saks. Thank you to Saks for sponsoring the event and always providing such a swanky setting for a soiree. What a tremendous turn out and as always a great looking crowd. Thank you to Crave Chocolate at Patton Creek for incredible treats, thank you to KathyG for yummy cupcakes, Peroni beer, Sofia Coppola champagne, and of course Stoli for the bar! We hope you enjoyed your swag bags and were amazed at the fanatical response towards the goodies - thank you to Saks, Books a Million, Richard Joseph Salon in Mountain Brook, Generation Dog in Homewood, Birmingham Broadway, Alabama Ballet, Sip and Strokes and Workplay for being swag providers. We apologize for any waiting in line for the event to begin, but as Marc Jacobs says after he makes people wait 2 hours for his fashion show (a tad excessive of course), "I don't see what the big deal is about waiting." More time to rub elbows with chic people like yourself!
Congratulations to:
- Irisa Kahn for winning the Stoli Elite Gift Basket featuring the crem de la crem of vodkas the $70 bottle of Stoli Elite!
- Melissa Hill for winning The Summit gift certificate
- And drum roll please...Sheena Robinson for winning the $500 Saks gift certificate
For those of you whose names were called but were not present to win - tres tres triste. I heard several of you did not hesitate to get your fall must haves, one fashionista in particular bought a new dress and changed into it at the party, while it was whispered to me that other guests spent thousands upon thousands at the Louis Vuitton counter!!
Watch for photos later today and an opportunity to win your very own Swag Bag from last night's event!

10 comments:

elizabeth said...

LOVED it, LOVED it, LOVED it!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness - what a great event! I loved it - the drinks, the desserts, the cute Scoopettes, and the AWESOME AWESOME bags!!! I don't mind waiting for good things!

Unknown said...

Fabulous event, Amy! Great job!!

Wade Kwon said...

Thanks, Amy -- loved it!

cherieamour said...

Kudos to Amy!

Mandy said...

In one word: FABULOUS!

Trish said...

What a wonderful event - I was so impressed by the turn out, the bags, the Scoopettes, and the fab hostesses! This was thebest event I have been to in Birmingham and I also got the best swag bag I have ever gotten!

Stephanie said...

I am still looking through my Little Black Book of Style - it was too cute! I had no idea people would cause such chaos over swag bags - have they never been to an event and gotten wonderful goodies before - oh my gosh!

Rebecca said...

Loved it, thank you My Scoop for throwing such a fun party! Can't wait for the next My Scoop event!!!

Janet said...

Loved my bag - thank you Saks and My Scoop!