Thursday, October 04, 2007

DRESSING YOUR MAN

Okay so we all know how hard it is to get our men to dress fashionably. It takes a lot of finesse and a little peer pressure too. It never ceases to amaze me when I hear my husband receive compliment after compliment after he is wearing something I picked out, and then next time we have an event - back to the drawing board. My only secret is complimenting him and telling him how good he looks. Stroke the ego a bit and you can get them in tailored Italian shirts and slimmer jeans. In honor of the new men and women's boutique Happi that is opening in Homewood today and hosting a launch party tonight, My Scoop is asking its reader to share your 'dressing my man' story. Maybe you have a funny story of the first time you bought your man something atypical from his button down and khakis uniform or maybe you found that once he learned a little about fashion he became somewhat of a fashionisto himself! Share by October 15 and you could win a $250 gift certificate to Happi!
Don't miss the soiree tonight at Happi 5:30pm. See invitation below.

5 comments:

Sara said...

After years of khakis and golf shirts I finally convinced my husband to wear designer jeans. He thought they were too tight in the butt which of course I thought looked great. So I really had to go on and on abouthow great they looked. Finally he wore them and after a real attractive girl was caught staring at him - he wears them all the time and now has 4 pair of designer jeans!

Emily said...

My husband for awhile wore the same suit he had since college to everything. Finally he upgraded to a suit from Saks and now has invested in several suits.

jennifer said...

My boyfired actually had duckhead khakis in his closet when we first started dated along with tshirts with holes in them. After a much needed spring cleaning of the closet - we have now added grown up clothes including slacks, nice button down shirts from JosA Bank, shoes from Gus Mayer and even two Hart Schaeffner suits.

Mandy said...

This may be more 'groomng' but when we started dating I realized that my now husband wore flip flops everywhere and his feet were HORRIBLE! So after much coaxing I persuaded him to get a pedicure. Now he gets them more than I do!

Judy said...

I gave up a long time ago on trying to tell my husband what works - so finally I got him to watch Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and bought him a book on How Men Should Dress, otherwise I would still be explaining to him why wool pants do not work in the summer and why linen doesn't work in the winter.