Monday, October 01, 2007

GETTING VEGGIE WITH IT!

This tough love guide to getting healthy and losing weight, gives you the skinny on sodas, the Atkins diet, and how governmental agencies do not care about our health. It is up to you to toss the soda, avoid crappy foods, and eat nutrients that your body actually needs! It is so very important to watch the preservatives and shop organic, (thank goodness for stores like Whole Foods.) It states in the book, "Soda is liquid Satan."
It also has served as my friend Jenifer's inspiration to becoming a vegan. A vegan (pronounced VEE-gun) is someone who, for various reasons, chooses to avoid using or consuming animal products. While vegetarians choose not to use flesh foods, vegans also avoid dairy and eggs, as well as fur, leather, wool, down, and cosmetics or chemical products tested on animals.
Seeing Jenifer inspired by this book and veganism has also inspired me. This weekend was all about the veggies - with a Friday night dinner at the incredible vegetarian and vegan restaurant Bottletree. I chomped on tofu tacos with black bean salsa, pico de gallo, and avocado - it was delicious and much better than the stringy chicken or flank steak. For Sunday brunch I enjoyed a vegetarian dish of Cowboy Eggs at Cosmo's Pizza, again delicious! Although I won't be giving up fish, eggs, or milk, I certainly prefer tofu to most meats. So whatever your inspiration is after reading Skinny Bitch, let it inspire you to change your food habits and your lifestyle. You may not become a vegan, but there is no doubt you will get something out of it and it won't be carbs and fats!
Skinny Bitch can be found at Books a Million stores.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HEY, this all looks familiar!!! Loved Bottletree, excellent blackened tofu soft tacos. and I am enjoying the book-- what I have read thus far, that is. I just started.

Sara said...

I wish I could enter to win this - I am in dire need of diet advice:)

Mandy said...

LOVE it!