Monday, October 15, 2007

POSH BACHELOR PAD

Andrew May's posh pad is located at The Village Lofts in English Village in walking distance to Chez Lulu, Billy's, and Joe Muggs. With exposed brick, neutral colors, and musical flare, he turned his home into a sophisticated bachelor pad. My Scoop got the scoop on Andrew's decision to buy a loft.

What made you choose to buy a loft?
I moved to Birmingham from New York City and the loft has the "urban feel" that I am used to.

Why do you love it?
Because it is the hippest loft condo in Birmingham and I like being in English Village.

What is your decor style?
Have you heard of Feng Shui? I call my style Feng May.

What is your fave piece of decor and where did it come from?
My favorite piece of furniture is a lamp I purchased in Jasper from a store called High Point Furniture. It features a moose standing in a river. It makes me smile whenever I see it....it's so kitsch.

What do you want your loft to say about you?
That although I have a career as an investment advisor and financial planner, I have a great appreciation for art and creativity.


Advertisement


What is the story behind your artwork?
A local artist who is a student at Studio By The Tracks in Irondale just completed the most brilliant painting for me that I have ever owned. His name is John Miller. If you aren't familiar with his work, you soon will be. Birmingham has many inspiring, up and coming artists and it is a real passion of mine to support them.

What is the story behind your guitar collection?
Edward Van Halen is my hero. While I can't shred like he does, I can at least own the same type of guitars he plays!

20 comments:

Emily said...

Lofts near chez lulu and billy's - where are these uber cool pads:)?

cherieamour said...

Very nice pad. I vote for a My Scoop party at Andrew's place! :-)

jennifer said...

What a great looking bachelor's pad - I wish my pad looked this nice!

Diana G said...

Oh the idea of loft living - so very chic and I love the idea of covering 'posh pads'.

elizabeth said...

By the way like the Rolling Stones artwork!

Trish J said...

Love the neutral colors and the RS poster!

Anna Banana said...

Yes a very posh pad indeed!

Holly said...

Love this posh pad, can't wait to see whose next!

Miss Libby said...

Love the posh pad Andrew!

Kristen said...

I agree with Cherie - what a great place for a party!

Laura T said...

Great to include the guitars - so much more personal!

junation said...

Which Birmingham?

Anonymous said...

I appreciate everyone's comments on the "Posh Bachelor Pad" piece. Maybe a "My Scoop" loft party should be in the works....hmmm...let me work on this! In the meantime, I am hosting an open event at BottleTree Cafe on Sunday, Oct. 28th beginning at 7pm. Everyone is invited so the more the merrier. For more details I can be reached at andrewscottmay@yahoo.com-Thanks.

Helen said...

great place - I agree we should have a My Scoop Posh Pad Party.

Caroline B said...

what a great place for a young guy - where was Andrew when I was dating - I had to endure your typical bachelor pads: furniture from college, no decor, garbage piled to the top of the trash can:)

Shelly said...

Great place especially for a bachelor!

Belleoftheball said...

Andrew you may not be a bachelor for long!

Abigail said...

very posh pad

Catherine said...

Can't wait to see more posh pads - great piece!

MissTiffany said...

Love this new feature!