Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

by Holly Lollar, notable fashionista who is very involved in the community and works at creative agency O2 Ideas

What is your favorite dress? My new tangerine trapeze silk satin ruched-neckline dress from Banana Republic. It is cool and comfortable at the same time, perfect for Alabama fall weather. Bright colors are in and this dress can't be missed in a crowd.

What is your favorite pair of jeans? My Capital Tailors jeans. This is a relatively unknown brand but they fit great, a lot like pants and are perfect for the petite woman.

What is your favorite pair of shoes? A pair of tan madras sandals from BCBG at the Summit. They are so unique, they have wooden platforms. It took a while but I mastered the art of walking in them.:)

What is your favorite pair of boots? A pair of brown suede boots from Banana Republic, every time I wear them I get compliments and I have had them for years! They have a little cowgirl flair to them.

What is your favorite coat? I do not own it yet but a white wool coat I spotted at Lara in Patton Creek.

What is your favorite tee? A white quarter length cotton t-shirt from Banana Republic, it dips slightly in the back and make the ever boring plain white t-shirt much more fun.

What is your favorite item of jewelry? A new line of metal jewelry being carried at Interiors at Pepper Place. The artist is from Alabama and her pieces are unbelievable! I had a guy friend tell me he liked my bracelet the other day- that is how unique her pieces are...people take note.

What will you not travel without? The Brics luggage I got for college graduation from Rosenbergers at The Summit. It has held up very well.

What are your favorite designers? A new line of dresses that I have fallen in love with called Max and Cleo, they can be found at Saks.

What is the next item of fashion you are planning to buy? A good deep brown purse for fall- there is one at SOCA that I have my eye on.

What is your favorite gadget? My Verizon Wireless PDA, the network is a reliable must have for busy working fashionistas as well as my Verizon Wireless LG VX8700, the phone is stainless steel and has VZ Navigator perfect for someone who is directionally challenged.

What is your favorite bag? My Sandra Roberts parachute purse from Shoe Fly in Homewood.

What do you carry everywhere with you? My Trish McEvoy makeup bag.

Any favorite stores? SOCA- I am obsessed and on probation. They are so smart about how many items they get in, I know that when I purchase a dress.... chances are that no one else will have it. Their prices are great, I never leave the store without buying something. I also really like Swank the owner is extremely helpful and calls you if something comes in that she thinks you will like, which is very nice and helpful.

List any other fun items that you can’t live without or absolutely love for fall: A sweater dress I spotted at Saks as well as cute Free People sweaters found at SOCA.

10 comments:

elizabeth said...

I loved seeing this in the My Scoop Mini too!

Leigh said...

I just adore this piece - willyou post my fave things if I send them????

Sara said...

Now I want to go check out Holly's finds!!!

Emily said...

Love Lara, Soca, and Swank!

jennifer said...

I am on probation from Soca too! Saks has great sweater dresses - I just have to decide which one I want!

Mandy said...

LOVE Holly's favorite things!!! Will have to check out what Soca has in and what Lara has in!

Judy said...

LOVE Lara at Patton Creek - it is such a cute store now I have to check out this jacket!

Rachel L said...

Saks does have the best sweater dresses.

Ruth said...

I want to go shopping with Holly - she has great suggestions!

Carrie said...

Such great style and finds. Can't wait to do a little shopping this weekend.